News update: Open Community ‘Have-a-go’ Sessions RESTARTED !
Most SATURDAY from 3-4:30PM.
Cost; £3 per head Ages; 6+ Inclusive; Yes
Just turn up for a great, informative, supportive and fun session! All ages, abilities, groups welcome.
Sessions will run every Saturday except for the following dates;
19th May – We host a World Record Tournament. Spectators welcome, entry free! Chance to see World Champions and World Record Holders in action! Visit any time between 10am and 3pm.
16TH JUNE – HUCCLECOTE FETE – Why not visit us there?
18th August – Preparing to host the County Championships the following day.
As a summary of the club we are:
- A sport and recreation club registered with Archery GB
- A ‘not for profit’ Company Limited by Guarantee
- A Registered Environmental Body
- A ClubMark Accredited & Ontarget Club holding all 3 specialisms of Performance, Young People and Community
- As of February 2018 we have 226 Archery GB members of which 88 are juniors.
- We have 3 satellite clubs with a further 150 junior members. More than 10% of our membership have a disability.
- Our own ground is located in Shurdington which lies between Cheltenham and Gloucester and offers target, field and clout facilities.
- Our indoor facilities are : Balcarras School Sports Centre (Charlton Kings), GL1 Recreation Centre, Kingshill Sports Centre (Cirencester), Birdlip Village Hall and Shurdington Social Centre.
- We do not offer 24 hour open shooting, all sessions (there are lots of them) are programmed and supported by coaches, we are passionate to remain a club, with social interaction at its heart and not become just a venue where people shoot!
We seek to create a safe, orderly, caring, supportive and learning environment to facilitate archers, volunteers and officials of all abilities, developing to their full potential.
We seek to develop and maintain an ethos where individuals are motivated to contribute something back to the club and the community by providing opportunities to do so and create an environment that fosters social, emotional, physical and intellectual development, respecting the whole person not just the archer!
We strive to actively promote and develop our sport and engage individuals, families and community by keeping our activities affordable and inclusive, through the provision of a balanced programme of quality coaching, social activities and healthy competition at all levels.
- Our 30 Coaches, club structure and facilities support pathways from recreational to high performance.
- We strive to be fully inclusive.
- We believe in competition.
We have been the Sport & Recreation Alliance National Sports Club of the Year and the Archery GB Ontarget Club of the Year twice!
Watch the following video and you will get a strong feel for the club and what we do.
As a grant recipient we are pleased to acknowledge the support that the Big Lottery Fund has provided us with by supporting the development of our Inclusion Club and our ‘On target for the Gloucestershire Community‘ Project. We would also like to thank the following organizations for their generous support in the development of our ground and the work we do in the community.
As a result of all the support we have received from generous external sources and our wonderful volunteers we have summarised individual and club achievements, including listing all members that have won age related National Champion Titles. Staggering list for just one club!