Club Raffle is launched!
All proceeds towards our clubhouse project.
The last of our Summer Open Community ‘Have-a-go’ Sessions were held on 25th August. A winter programme will commence as soon as our new clubhouse is completed in October. Watch this space!
You can register to be informed when the new sessions will start
Looking to try archery and join a club?
It is a great sport for all ages, we are blessed in Gloucestershire to have many good clubs, we strongly advise everyone to visit at least a few before you decide which club to join.
Use this link to the County Website to read about your local clubs: http://glosarchery.com/about-us We all have similar aims (forgive the pun!) but we also all have different cultures, different make up of membership, different programmes, varying locations, so take some time to make the choice that is right for you.
History shows that Archery suffers from a big loss during the first 12 months and Sport England have set our Governing Body a target to reduce this loss, analysis shows right club selection and best support during this period is key. So please ask questions, do your research and make the best decision for yourself.
What is important is that you have a great archery experience and you take it up! You may join us or come along to one of our many tournaments as a visiting member from another club, you will be sure of a warm welcome either way!
How can you find us?
As a summary of the club we are:
- A sport and recreation club registered with Archery GB
- A ‘not for profit’ Company Limited by Guarantee
- A Registered Environmental Body
- A ClubMark Accredited & Ontarget Club holding all 3 specialisms of Performance, Young People and Community
- As of August 2018 we have 240 Archery GB members of which 90 are juniors.
- We have 3 satellite clubs with a further 150 junior members. More than 10% of our membership have a disability.
- Our own ground is located in Shurdington which lies between Cheltenham and Gloucester and offers target, field and clout facilities.
- Our indoor facilities are : Balcarras School Sports Centre (Charlton Kings), GL1 Recreation Centre, Kingshill Sports Centre (Cirencester), Birdlip Village Hall and Shurdington Social Centre.
- We do not offer 24 hour open shooting, all sessions (there are lots of them) are programmed and supported by coaches, we are passionate to remain a club, with social interaction at its heart and not become just a venue where people shoot!
We seek to create a safe, orderly, caring, supportive and learning environment to facilitate archers, volunteers and officials of all abilities, developing to their full potential.
We seek to develop and maintain an ethos where individuals are motivated to contribute something back to the club and the community by providing opportunities to do so and create an environment that fosters social, emotional, physical and intellectual development, respecting the whole person not just the archer!
We strive to actively promote and develop our sport and engage individuals, families and community by keeping our activities affordable and inclusive, through the provision of a balanced programme of quality coaching, social activities and healthy competition at all levels.
- Our 30+ Coaches, club structure and facilities support pathways from recreational to high performance.
- We strive to be fully inclusive.
- We believe in competition.
We have been the Sport & Recreation Alliance National Sports Club of the Year and the Archery GB Ontarget Club of the Year twice and in 2018 received an award from Archery GB rtecognising our club’s outstanding poreformance and contribution to our sport and the Ontarget Club Development Programme!
Watch the following video and you will get a strong feel for the club and what we do.
As a grant recipient we are pleased to acknowledge the support that the Big Lottery Fund has provided us with by supporting the development of our Inclusion Club and our ‘On target for the Gloucestershire Community‘ Project. We would also like to thank the following organizations for their generous support in the development of our ground and the work we do in the community.
As a result of all the support we have received from generous external sources and our wonderful volunteers we have summarised individual and club achievements, including listing all members that have won age related National Champion Titles. Staggering list for just one club!