News Flash – In addition to our Winter Mini-League in 2020 we will also be organising a Summer Mini-League. Click here to see a video tour of the course.
The Deer Park Archers Mini League is intended to provide a fun introduction into Field Archery throughout the winter period without the investment of a whole day or weekend shooting. It will also offer more experience archers to maintain their field craft through the winter period with a little competition along the way.
The league is open to adults and juniors from any club affiliated with the Archery GB. Competitors should be confident shooting the following distances for their scores to count towards the league.
- Juniors will shoot up to 30m (from the white peg)
- Adult Compound and Recurve will shoot up to 60m (red peg)
- Adult other bow types will shoot up to 50m (blue peg)
Archers wanting to use the event as a field archery ‘have a go session’ may do so from any peg, but only rounds completed using the applicable peg colour will count towards the league results.
There will be 7 League events throughout the winter period. Events will be held on Saturday mornings and will take approximately 2 – 2 ½ hours complete.
- 12 Targets will be shot at each event.
- This year each event will include 4 x WA targets, 4 x 2D targets and 4 x 3D targets types will change between events.
- Scoring on the day will be appropriate to the target type being shot, with 2 score cards per group as per normal Field Archery protocol.
- The league is divided into 2 or 3 divisions. Archers will be assigned to a division based on their ability and will compete within that division for the period of the league. Note because the divisions are based on ability, each division may contain different bow types competing to win their division title.
- Points will be awarded to the first 10 archers within a division at each event. 1st place receiving 25 points down to 10th place receiving 1 point
- Archers must compete in at least 5 of the 9 events to qualify for the final League title.
- The accumulated points gained from the archer top 5 positions in league events will determine their final league position.
2020 League Event Schedule
10am on Saturday mornings
Dates are shown in the Club Events Diary and Booking System but will be generally every other week through the winter.
Enter via our online booking