An amazing club with an incredible history of achieving.
We keep on doing, year after year, mostly thanks to our great team of volunteers and our wonderful partners!
- Achieved ClubMark Re-accreditation.
- AGB Performance Club of the Year.
- Awarded Sport England and Council Grants
- Ran first World Record Status Events!
- 2 members became World Champions, 2 broke World Records, 1 won Para World Championships Medal.
- Field Course further developed and league set up!
See summary below, another fantastic year of achievement!
- Ontarget Club of the Year for a second time.
- Further Sport England Funding Awarded.
- Opened new covered shooting area, temporary toilets and clubhouse container.
- Ran 1st Record Status outdoor events.
The Club were awarded the Archery GB ‘Ontarget’ Club of the Year Award.
Liza Hadley won the Archery GB Ontarget ‘Young Volunteer of the Year Award the day after she won the Gloucester Young Citizen of the Year Award!!
- Achieved the Archery GB Ontarget ‘Performance Club’ Specialism. (The first Club in the UK to do so). This also means that we are the only club to have achieved all of the 3 Specialisms!
- Our best performance at the British Junior Championships – 6 Titles, 2 Silvers and a bronze from 26 entries! One of our new members Izzy won the overall Longbow title as well as her own age group!
- A 4th junior was selected for the current National Junior Development Squads.
- One of our members, Roger, was selected to be the BBC Regional (Points West) Unsung Hero and will be off to the BBC Sports Personality of the Year Awards!
- Achieved the Archery GB Ontarget ‘Young People’ Specialism, one of only 2 clubs to do so.
- November 2012 – The Club won the Gloucestershire Media Senior Sports Club of the Year Award beating Cheltenham Town Football Club in the final!
- One of our members, Lucy, won the Gloucestershire Media Young Sports Personality of the Year Award.
- We had a total of 16 members selected for the County Senior and Junior Teams for the Inter-County Matches.
- Asked to host the launch of the Gloucestershire Media Sports Awards.
- Won the Sport & Recreation Alliance ‘Volunteer Management’ Award & finished in top 3 of the 2012 Sports Club of the Year & the Green Policies Award!
- Two members broke 9 National Records in a single day!
2011 saw the best Club Junior squad Performance winning 8 National Titles, 20 Regional Titles, 37 County Titles and breaking 18 National Junior Records!
- Won the Archery GB Young Compound Archer of the Year & the Young Longbow Archer of the Year.
- November 2011 Won the Sports Coach UK Heather Crouch Young Coach of the Year Award!
- Won the Gloucestershire Media Senior Club of the Year & the Gloucestershire Media Coach of the Year Award. Finalists in the Sports Personality of the Year & Service to Sport Awards.
- Won the Innovation in Archery National Ontarget Award and the Ontarget Clubperson of the Year Award.
- Achieved Community Club Specialism, as of September 2012 only 10 clubs have done so.
- Gloucestershire won the Junior Inter-Counties with a team of mostly Deer Park Juniors, the winning Compound Team was all Deer Park Juniors!
- Received the Round Table Chairman’s Swimmathon Award for our Junior Team’s efforts at the Swimmathon
- Won the Sport and Recreation Alliance ‘National Sports Club of the Year’ Award!
- Had our first 2010 After-School Club member break a National Record which was the first time 2 members broke National Records on the same day!
- Invited by Archery GB to be one of three Clubs to represent them in the Sport & Recreation Alliance Club of the Year Competition.
Won the Gloucestershire ‘Young Club of the Year’ Award.
- Second most successful Club at the National Junior Championships
- Became A ClubMark Club & members of the Archery GB Club Development ‘Ontarget’ Programme.
- We presented at the Archery GB Development Conference.
- Membership exceeded 200.
- Used Xperience Archery Company to run a number of our Beginners courses, which was the start of our partnership!
- A member won the Archery GB Jack Flinton ‘Helping Hand Award’.
- We won 14/17 County Indoor Titles at the County Championships.
- Saw the club start 5 After-school clubs and receive a substancial grant from Archery GB to sustain Archery in local schools.
- We supported the coach training of 7 Level 1’s and 4 Level 2 coaches.
- We hosted a Level 1 Coaching Course (6 members attending) and hosted the County Junior Squad Training sessions.
- We hosted a Fita Record Status Field Competition, ran out first Fita18 indoor record status event.
- Deer Park won the Top Regional Junior Club Trophy
- We hosted our first GWAS Field Archery Competition and our membership rose to almost 100.
- The Club gained its first Coaches, four qualified as Level 1 and a Senior Coach joined us from a local club.
- Our Junior Team won the Top Regional Club Competition.
- One member represented GB Juniors & finished 4thin the World Junior Championships.
- Three members represented England in the Junior Teams.
- One member has represented the England Senior Team.
- One member selected for the England Senior Team, competing in India at the Commonwealth Championships, finishing 9th in the Individual Competition and winning a Silver Medal in the Team Event.
- Steph became our first member to be 11 Members have won one or more British Junior Titles.
- 2 members competed in the World University Championships
- Over the last 6 years members have held no less than 38 British Junior Records