We have structured our day to day operations with the following in mind:
- We are a not for profit Company
- We seek to remain financially inclusive so will maintain membership fees and shooting costs to an absolute minimum.
- We seek to keep running costs to an absolute minimum by creating partnerships to reduce venue costs, seek sponsorship, develop in-house skills to deliver training and maintain equipment.
- Operate a ‘cash look forward’ system to manage costs.
- Ensure all resources are provided by unpaid volunteers.
- Our practices ensure we remain sustainable and affordable.
- We recognise that campaigns of this type put pressure on our members so we will seek to source a significant percentage of our fundraising monies by making them attractive to non members. Furthermore we will limit the number of campaigns so we do not rely on them for sustainability and reduce the membership experience!
Day to day operation
When we have a need to fund-raise we will devise a plan and commit fully to it as the following example will demonstrate
During 2015 raised £48K through our own hard work/fundraising activities.
All of this was achieved without any compromise on our community work and indeed successfully completing 2 projects aimed at increasing participation in our sport of those with disabilities (one funded by the Lottery Awards for All Programme and the other by Archery GB. At the same time supporting and organising the best School Games programme in the UK and continuing to grow and support our membership. This was our template for raiosing the funds to buy our opwn ground, it was very successful!
2018 Plan to support our efforts to fund a Clubhouse.
Fundraising & Social Activities to be increased! (January 2018)
To support our efforts to raise funds to support our Clubhouse Project a comprehensive range of activities are planned and we have also appointed Jo Preece to lead the fundraising and social activities. Jo will be supported by a number of project leaders.
Activities include a Laser Tag evening (22nd March), Sponsored Swimmarathon (14th April), Horse Racing Evening (27th April), Sponsored Zumbathon, Mr Mulligans Golf Tournament, Swindon Greyhound racing evening, Samba Band evening (learn to play and then perform!), attending several major fetes, larger open community have-a-go programme, Snowman Drive, Pizza evening, BBQ, Sponsored ½ Marathon and a major club raffle to be drawn during the Club Annual Awards evening.
We are also increasing our club target days and the number of record status tournaments.