We would like to celebrate the re-opening of the field course by holding a members only field tournament on Saturday 15th July. We’re keen to run a number of test events for club members, in preparation for holding open tournaments in the future. To encourage participation this first event is being held at no additional cost to the weekly target fees.
This will be a fun and relaxed event, ideal for anyone that has not shot field archery before to give it a go. There will be a choice of shooting distances for archers which will be explained on the day. We will also be including a mix of 2D and 3D targets around the course. As a minimum you should be confident hitting a target up to 20m away.
Assembly will be at 09:10 with shooting starting at 9:30. As this is our first attempt at an event on the field course, and the rules of field archery are different to target archery, we encourage you to be on time to attend assembly, to ensure you know how to score and shoot around the course.
To book yourself and others in your family in, submit your details here: https://fieldclubevent.youcanbook.me/
If you have any questions before the event, ask John Dalton at one of the practice sessions or email email@example.com.
Tips for the day
- Carry a drink and some snacks with you, as there’s no return once you are on the course (other than in an emergency).
- If you have a set of binoculars you will find them very useful.
- Wear a good pair of walking shoes / boots. Long trousers are advised.
- Be prepared with waterproof clothing that you can shoot in if the weather isn’t looking great.
- You will shoot 3 arrows per target, please ensure you have spare arrows in case you miss and are unable to find the arrow immediately.