Deer Park Archers Ltd are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For any personal data you provide for the purposes of your membership, Deer Park Archers Ltd is the Data Controller and is responsible for storing and otherwise processing that data in a fair, lawful, secure and transparent way.
What personal data we hold on you
You may give us information about you by filling in forms at an event or online, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register with the Club, subscribe to our newsletter, or participate in discussions on social media. The information you give us may include your name, date of birth, address, e-mail address, phone number, name of the ArcheryGB affiliated Clubs with which you are registered and gender (Archery Data). We may also ask for relevant health information to ensure safety at club sessions, which is classed as special category personal data. We will only collect data that we need to carry out our services of the club.
Why we need your personal data
The reason we need your Archery Data is to be able to administer your membership, and provide the membership services you are signing up to when you register with the club. Our lawful basis for processing your personal is that we have a contractual obligation to you as a member to provide the services you are registering for.
Reasons we need to process your data include:
For training and competition entry
- sharing personal data with club coaches or officials to administer training sessions;
- sharing personal data with club team managers to enter events;
- sharing personal data with facility providers to manage access to the track or check delivery standards; and
- sharing personal data County associations (and county schools’ associations) and other competition providers for entry in events.
For funding and reporting purposes
- sharing anonymised data with a funding partner as condition of grant funding e.g. Local Authority;
- analysing anonymised data to monitor club trends; and
- sending an ad-hoc club surveys to improve the experience of club members
For membership and club management
- processing of membership forms and payments;
- sharing data with committee members and club officials to provide information about club activities, membership renewals or invitation to social events;
- club newsletter and social media promoting club activity; and
- publishing of competition results
For marketing and communications (where separate consent is provided)
- sending information about promotions and offers from sponsors and partners;
- sending information about selling club kit, merchandise or fundraising.
Any special category health data we hold on you is only processed for the purpose of passing health data to coaches or competition organisers to allow the safe running of training sessions and competitions. We process this data on the lawful basis of consent. Therefore, we will also need your explicit consent to process this data, which we will ask for at the point of collecting it.
On occasion we may collect personal data from non-members (e.g. such as any non-member participant who fills in a health disclaimer or form at a taster event). This information will be stored for 6 weeks after an event, should the subject not become a club member, and then destroyed securely. Our lawful basis for processing data is consent. Therefore, we will also need explicit consent from non-members to process this data, which we will ask for at the point of collecting it.
The club has the following social media pages Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter & Instagram. All members are free to join these pages. If you join one of the Social Media pages, please
note that provider of the social media platform(s) have their own privacy policies and that the club do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data on the club social media pages.
Who we share your personal data with
When you become a member of the Club, you will also also be required to be registered as a member of ArcheryGB. We will provide ArcheryGB with your Archery Data which they will use for their membership records.ArcheryGB have their own privacy policies and that the club do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. If you have any questions about the continuing privacy of your personal data when it is shared with ArcheryGB, please contact 01952 677888, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Club does not supply any personal data it holds for this purpose to any other third party. The Club does not store or transfer your personal data outside of the UK.
How long we hold your personal data
We will hold your personal data on file for as long as you are a member with us. Archery data is updated every year on annual membership forms. We keep records only for as long as required to operate the service in accordance with legal requirements and tax and accounting rules, in line with ArcheryGB policy. Your data is not processed for any further purposes other than those detailed in this policy.
Your rights regarding your personal data
You have the right to:
- Have any inaccuracies in your data corrected. If you would like to update the details we hold about you other than online, please contact our Data Protection Champion via telephone, email or by letter.
- Request that we delete your personal data, and the right to be forgotten
- Request that we do not process your personal data for marketing purposes (should you have already provided active consent).
- You have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. We require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification.
Please address any requests to the email@example.com and we will respond within one calendar month, of receipt of your written request and confirmed ID. Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records. This request is free of charge unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
Changes to this notice and the way we treat personal information
We may update the terms of this privacy notice at any time, so please do check it from time to time.
We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address you have provided to us or by placing a prominent notice on our Website. By continuing to use our Website you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
Enquires and Complaints
The Data Protection Champion is the first point of contact regarding any enquires arising from this Privacy Notice. Where possible, please raise all enquires in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org If you are unhappy with our work or something that we have done or failed to do, please inform us in writing through the “Contact Us” form on our website. Deer Park Archers will acknowledge receipt of all complaints and will endeavour to investigate the complaint within one calendar month.