An amazing club with an incredible history of achieving.
We keep on doing, year after year, mostly thanks to our great team of volunteers and our wonderful partners!
2022 Highlights included:
- Finance – Target fees up by 85% , Bowls & Field Course incomes trebled, Tournament income doubled!
- Social programme relaunched after Covid.
- Club Covid policies and arrangements were 5star!
- 11 days of WRS & UKRS Tournaments delivered.
- 18 separate in-house target days delivered!
- Massive field course developments and additional land purchase completed.
- £36K Solar Panel Project completed, 2/3 grant funded.
- 1 member awarded an MBE and Gussy Trophy
- 1 member finalist in UK Coaching Talent Development Coaching Awards.
- Club won the Ontarget Performance Club of the Year.
- Big increase in externeral users and supporters
- 10 medals at N ational Indoor Championships
- 3 members represented England.
- 9 members selected for GB Development Squads.
- 2 members ranked No1 in World Rankings!
- Major investment in Tournament Equipment.
- Major investment in Environment Improvements.
- 7 New British Record Holders
- 8 British Junior Championship Medal Winners.
- Multiple World and European records and medal winners.
- Men-in-Sheds meeting 5 days per week
- Thriving Bowls Club
- Agreed plans for extended covered shooting area, social area and workshop.
- Cleared and seeded large area for meadow flowers and installed numerous bird, bat boxes.
To see a gallery of these highlights, click here.
2019 Highlights included:
- Achieved ClubMark Re-accreditation Highlights included
- Ran 7 Record Status events
- Completed Social Terracing, Boule Court and Adapted Kit Play Area.
- Launched Men-in-Sheds and Short Mat Bowls Sections.
- 17 British Junior Championship Medals!
- 8 Members represented GB in World & European Tournaments.
- Multiple World & European Records for 5 of our archers.
- Record levels of membership and footfall.
- Biggest School Games entries so far.
- Became Ontarget Compound/Recurve Club Champions and runners-up Longbow/Barebow!
- First 3D two day event plus extended field course.
2018 Highlights included:
- Recipients of AGB Special Contribution Award
- Gloucestershire Media Awards Steph/Dan Coach of the Year.
- Junior Team of Year Finalists
- Ran World Record Status 720 and H2H
- 9 Achieved JMB Status
- 10 British Champions and 4 Runner-up.
- 10 out of 14 members of the victorious county team.
- Completed our Club House and Training Centre.
- Reached the Ontarget Finals again.
- Continued Field Course Development
- Extended Car Park.
Other Club Highlights
- 2 World Cadet Junior Champions
- 1 silver and 6 bronze World Championship Medals
- Numerous Nation, European and World Records (individual and team)
- Members have shot for Great Britain Senior, Junior, Para, Field, University and Invictus teams plus Senior and Junior England teams.
- Archery GB Performance Club of the Year.
- Archery GB Club of the Year twice.
- Archery GB Partnership Award for our work with Active Gloucestershire and Xperience Archery
- Archery GB Innovation Award
- Numerous Regional and County Titles and Records
- Gloucestershire Media Club of the Year (beating Cheltenham Town Football Club in the final)
- Sport and Recreation Alliancce Club of the Year Award
- Members have won:
- Archery GB Ontarget Young Volunteer of the Year Award
- Gloucester Young Citizen of the Year
- BBC Points West Unsung Hero of the Year
- Gloucestershire Media Young Sports Personality of the Year
- Sports Coach UK Heather Crouch Young Coach of the Year Award
- Gloucestershire Media Coach of the Year twice
- Archery GB Jack Flinton Helping Hand Award